Designed specifically for beginners and younger students this kit will teach all the basic skills needed for making and programming robots. The kit is Arduino compatible and allows you to create 2 different robots (one at a time).
Remote Control Coding Procedure
Some of these kits ship with alternative remote controls from the one pictured in the manual on page 17. The buttons are all in the same places, but a different procedure is required to configure the remote to work with the robot. If your control looks like the manual then ignore this.
1 - Press and hold the "Set" button and then press the "Power" button. Release the buttons and the red light will stay lit.
2 - Enter the code 406. The red light will now turn off.
3 - Press and release the "Lock Code" button, marked "OK".
The robot should now understand commands. Pressing the green "Calibration" button should toggle the robot between normal (White LED On) and configuration modes (Red LED On).
- Detachable, breadboard compatible
- IR compound eye allows the robot to track and follow moving objects
- Speaker and programming socket
- Universal remote control. Also control many brands of home entertainment devices.
- 4 x miniature servos
- Laser cut plastic parts for hexapod
- Silicone rubber feet
- Screwdriver and spanner
- Sample code for both designs
- NOTE: Batteries are not included. Use NiMh or NiCd batteries only. Do not use alkaline batteries!