the things in
your world into
3D models that
you can modify,
and 3D print.
A fast and easy
way to create
With just two clicks, the MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner's simple yet sophisticated software creates clean, watertight 3D models that are ready to 3D print. We've optimized the whole process to work seamlessly with MakerBot Replicator Desktop Printers, but you get standard design files to use on the 3D printer of your choice. You don't need any design or 3D modeling skills to get started, and it all happens in just minutes.
Remake Your World
See things differently. When you scan an object, you give it a brand new life in the digital world. The MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner outputs standard 3D file formats so that you can improve, shape, mold, twist, animate, and transform objects in a third-party 3D modeling program.
ADD A HAT
Adding one 3D model to another is easy, like putting a hat on top of a gnome. Either scan a second object, or search for it on Thingiverse.com.
Scale your objects down and multiply them to create charms or game pieces. It only takes seconds in our free software MakerBot MakerWare.
Many tools let you sculpt a 3D model like you're sculpting clay.
We added a fluffy beard and some pointy ears
to transform our gnome.
Sharing is central to the Next Industrial Revolution, so we built it directly into the MakerBot Digitizer experience. Send your 3D design files to friends, family, and colleagues, or easily upload them Thingiverse.com, the largest community for sharing 3D designs.
Behind the two-click simplicity is a powerful and complex reconstruction process. MakerWare for Digitizer contains an algorithm that connects hundreds of thousands of points into a seamless digital mesh in just seconds. There's no patching, stitching, or repairing required, so you can skip straight to your creative process. We've worked hard to create software that saves you time.
- Scan size: Up to 20.3 cm diameter x 20.3 cm high (8 in. x 8 in.)
- Maximum weight on turntable: 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
- Dimensional accuracy: ± 2.0 mm (± 0.079 in.)
- Detail resolution: 0.5 mm (0.197 in.)
- Triangles per 3D model: Approx. 200K, depending on cropping
- Scan speed: Approx. 12 minutes, depending on computer speed
- Steps per rotation: 800 per rotation; 1600 steps per complete scan
- Included Software: MakerWare for Digitizer
- Lasers: Two eye-safe Class 1 lasers
- Camera: 1.3 megapixel high-definition camera
- Enclosure material: Injection-molded ABS enclosure
- Connectivity: USB connection (cable included)
- Optimal Light Conditions: Operates in artificial indoor light
- Product Dimension: 47.5 cm (l) x 20.3 cm (h) x 41.1 cm (w) [18.7 in. x 8.0 in x 16.2 in.]
- Shipping Dimensions: 52.1 cm (l) x 24.4 cm (h) x 47.0 cm (w) [20.5 in. x 9.6 in. x 18.5 in.]
- Weight: 2.1 kg (4.7 lbs.)
- Shipping Weight: 5.0 kg (11.0 lbs.)
- Storage temperature: 0°-55° C (32°-90° F)
Full Warranty and Support
- 1 Year (included)
- 2 Years (+£150.00)