So it turns out that your XBee based device would work even better as a Bluetooth device… that probably means back to the drawing board, right? Well not anymore! Now you can swap in Bluetooth functionality without a major hardware redesign!
The RN42XV is a small form factor, low power Bluetooth radio module offering plug-in compatibility for the widely used 2 x 10 (2mm) socket typically used for 802.15.4 radio modules. Based on the popular 2 x 10 (2mm) socket footprint often found in embedded applications, the Roving NetworksâÂ€Â™ RN42XV module provides Bluetooth connectivity in legacy and existing designs that may have been based upon the 802.15.4 standard.
The RN42XV Class 2 Bluetooth module is based on the RN42. This module supports multiple interface protocols, is simple to design in, and is fully certified, making it a complete embedded Bluetooth solution. With its high-performance, on-chip antenna and support for Bluetooth EDR, the RN42 delivers up to a 3 Mbps data rate for distances up to 20 meters.
- Fully certified BluetoothÂ® version 2.1 module, supports version 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- Backwards-compatible with Bluetooth version 2.0, 1.2, and 1.1
- Pin compatible with widely used 2 x 10 2-mm socket typically used for 802.15.4 applications
- Low power: 26 uA sleep, 3 mA connected, 30 mA transmit
- UART (SPP or HCI) and USB (HCI only) data connection interfaces
- Sustained SPP data rates: 240 Kbps (slave), 300 Kbps (master)
- HCI data rates: 1.5 Mbps sustained, 3.0 Mbps burst in HCI mode
- Embedded Bluetooth stack profiles included (requires no host stack): GAP, SDP, RFCOMM, and L2CAP protocols, with SPP, HID and DUN profile support
- Bluetooth SIG certified
- Certifications: FCC, IC, CE
- PCB trace antenna
|For more information, please visit this products webpage.