Note: The High-Resolution version of this sensor is now available so this one is being discontinued. We’re now selling them at a reduced price so get them while you can! The High-Resolution version can be found here.
This is the new, weather resistant, field-hardened WR1 from Maxbotix. The XL series of this sensor features higher resolution, longer range, higher power output and better calibration when compared to the LV version.
The WR1 uses a robust PVC housing, is designed to meet IP67 water intrusion, and matches standard electrical ¾" PVC pipe fittings. The sensor provides very accurate readings from 0 to 765cm (0 to 25.1ft) with 1cm resolution. This sensor can be powered with anywhere between 3.3 and 5VDC.
Range information can be gathered through one of three methods - analog, serial, or PWM - all of which are active at the same time. The analog output will produce a voltage proportional to the measured distance, with a sensitivity of (Vcc/1024)V/cm. The serial interface is simple and formatted to RS-232, with voltages ranging from 0 to Vcc and terminal settings of 9600-8-N-1. Finally, the PWM pin outputs a pulse-width representation of the range with a scale factor of 58us/cm.[
Mounting hardware](http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9010) is also available, designed specifically for this device.
- 3.3V to 5V supply with very low average current draw
- All interfaces are active simultaneously
- Serial, 0 to Vcc
- 9600 baud, 8-N-1
- Analog, (Vcc/1024) / cm resolution
- Pulse Width
- High acoustic power output
- Real-time auto calibration and noise rejection for every ranging cycle
- Precise narrow beam
- Continuously variable gain
- Object detection includes zero range objects
- Readings can occur up to every 100mS, (10-Hz rate)
- Free run operation can continually measure and output range information
- Triggered operation provides the range reading as desired
- Sensor operates at 42KHz