DAVID 3D Laserscanner Starter-Kit
High-precision 3D scanning at an unbeatable price: Experience the
innovative DAVID LASERSCANNER 3D scanning system!
This package contains everything you need to set up your own 3D Scanner system
and Start using it out of the box: comes with Software, 2MP Webcam, Laserscanner
and Back panels.
hold the laser in your hand and sweep the laser line over the object you wish to
scan: a sculpture, a face, anything at all. DAVID LASERSCANNER will immediately
generate a 3D model in your PC, capturing even fine surface details of less than
Supports both, Laser Scanning AND Structured Light Scanning!
||How does Laser Scanning work?
Set up background and camera
Calibrate your camera with one click
scanning by sweeping the laser line over the object
4. Gaze at the 3D window and export your result to .OBJ
5. Optional: Automatically
stitch several scans/meshes
with DAVID-Shapefusion and export .OBJ, .STL, or .PLY
Results are typically stored in OBJ format (which is a pretty standard format for 3D representation, support by most 3D packages). If you need there also freeware tools to convert the file to STL, PLY, etc.
The DAVID 3D Laserscanner is designed for use with
computer animations, games, virtual 3D environments, product
presentations, works of art, archaeology... The limits are set only by
||I'd like to see some results before buying or
You will find some amazing results in DAVID
gallery and on the
user pages in the wiki. You can also
download DAVID and use a
test video file instead of a real camera, so you
will have 3D data within a minute!
More Questions? See
- Gallery (with amazing 3D results)
- Downloads (software and test video)
Manual (how to build and use your 3D scanner)
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
Forum (exchange experiences with others)
Wiki (tutorials and user impressions)
For more information, please visit
- DAVID Laserscanner Pro Edition 3 software on a USB Flash Drive
- High-resolution 2-megapixel webcam (1600 x 1200) with autofocus
(Logitech Quickcam 9000 PRO)
- Stand for webcam
- Red line laser module (650 nm, Class 1 laser) with adjustable focus,
- Calibration panels (with calibration patterns in four different sizes)
- Base plate for mounting the calibration panels
- User manual (English, Deutsch, Francais, Italiano)
- Standard PC (Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7; 32 or 64 bit)
- 2 free USB ports
- Recommended: 2 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, 3d graphics card (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce
or ATI Radeon)