Omnima - MiniEMBWiFi 320MHz Embedded Linux Board Kit
MiniEMBWiFi is a very compact, low power solution to add Embedded Linux to
Measuring only 67x50x15 mm it is an affordable and convenient solution for
Embedded and Mobile Applications with LAN, WiFi, Serial and USB to your project.
This is the Kit Version, including the Board and all the Accessories
to get you started:
Firmware is based on OpenWRT, offering a familiar Command
Line Linux console interface.
Multiple Software Packages and Drivers are available through the
opkg package manager making it a breeze to add new features to the board.
Quickly add SSH, FTP Server, Web Server, Python, PHP, and hundreds of other
packages without ever needing to compile.
In addition, the Luci Web configuration interface offers
a Graphical Front end to easily configure LAN/WiFi as either Client or Host. It
also includes management of opkg packages and configuration of multiple other
The presence of a Serial port at TTL level combined with a USB
port make it an ideal companion for any Electronics and Robotics project.
The Serial Port can be used as the Console Terminal or it can be
detached and become available for interfacing with other devices.
The latest revisions of the firmware come with the Serial Port detached from the
Console (free). Console access is offered via SSH: just plug the board to your
Router using an Ethernet cable and the board will get an IP address over DHCP.
From there you can Login over SSH or access LUCI from your web browser to
configure WiFi and all other settings.
If you'd like to build your own version of the firmware or flash alternative
firmware versions the included bootloader will be there to help.
You will need the Omnima Serial Cable or an equivalent or a USB to TTL Adapter (3.3V) to enter the bootloader
through the Serial Console.
- MIPS 24KEc 320MHz CPU
- 8 MB NOR Flash
- 32 MB SDRAM
- 1x WLAN 802.11n, access point (AP), station (STA), A, B, G, N or mixed mode operation
- 1x WAN/LAN Port 10/100M UTP
- 1x USB 2.0 OTG/OHCI/EHCI
- 1x UART serial port (3.3V)
- Antenna 3dBi Dipole detachable antenna x 1
- Output Power 11n: 15±1dBm, 11g: 15±1dBm, 11b: 18±1dBm
- Power Adapter 5VDC, 2.5A Switching Power Adapter (not included)
- Dimension: 67(W) x 50(D) mm x 15(H)
- Temperature Operating: 0~50oC, Storage: -20~60oC
- Humidity Operating: 10~90% (Non-Condensing)
- Storage: Max.95% (NonCondensing)
- Certification FCC, CE
- Preinstalled OpenWrt Linux Distribution with LuCi web configuration interface
- opkg dynamic package manager allows pre-compiled OpenWrt packages to be installed without having to recompile the firmware
- Preconfigured ssh access to the unit
- DHCP client enabled by default
- Automatic location of the unit's IP address