4DSystems - uLCD-43PRT (SGC) 4.3" LCD TFT w/ Touchscreen
The uLCD-43PRT is a 4,3" LCD TFT display module with
Resistive Touch panel, 480x272 resolution, 65K colors, and embedded
Picaso graphic processor. The module is designed to operate under two different
platforms: SGC serial command or GFX (4D Graphics Language).
uLCD-43P main features:
- 4,3" diagonal size.
- 480x 272 pixels resolution.
- Resistive Touch Panel
- 65K true-to-life colors.
- Display active area: 95,0 x 53,9 mm.
- LCD TFT screen (LED back lighting).
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.
- Asynchronous hardware serial port, TTL interface, with 300 baud to 256K
- 16 x General Purpose I/O pins. Upper 8 bits can be used as an I/O Bus
for fast 8-bit parallel data transfers.
- On-board micro-SD memory card slot for multimedia storage and data
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin supports FAT16 audio WAV files and
complex sound generation.
- On-board audio amplifier with a tiny 8 Ohms speaker for sound
generation and WAV file playback.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO-SGC processor.
- Comprehensive set of built in high level graphics functions and
algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as
- 2 different operating platforms:
- SGC the Serial Command platform (factory
- GFX the 4DGL (4D Graphics Language) platform.
- 4,0V to 5,5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 105,5 x 67,0 x 14,7 mm (not including mounting tabs).
- 2 x 15 pin headers for I/O expansion and future plug-in daughter boards.
- 4 x snap-off mounting tabs with 3mm holes for mechanical support.
- RoHS Compliant
The module is delivered by default with the SCG firmware pre-installed.
It is very quick and easy to switch from one platform to another by
simply programming the module with the appropriate firmware (pmmc) using the
freely available PmmC Loader software tool.
Please note that the PmmC configuration has an impact on which hardware
features of the module are available for use. For a full list of features
available in SGC or GFX configuration, please refer to the respective datasheet.
- SGC (serial commands platform).
The serial command platform allows the display module to be used as
a slave device connected to an external host. The host can be any controller,
where all screen related functions are sent using a simple protocol via the
- GFX (4DGL platform).
4DGL is a graphics oriented language allowing the developer to write
applications in a high level language and run it directly on the Goldelox or
Picaso processor embedded in the display module. The rich set of built-in
library functions allows the user to take complete control of all available
4D Systems provides a number of useful, free and easy-to-use software
tools for testing and development. All software tools are available
Systems updates the software and the firmware often. We strongly recommend always
updating to the latest version to have access to newest features and stability.