Dagu - 48 servo Red Back Spider Robot Controller (Arduino Mega)
The Red Back Spider controller is an Arduino compatible robot controller designed specifically for robots that use a large number of servos such as
Humanoids, Hexapods and Serpents.
The Spider Controller includes a 3A, 5V Switchmode Power Supply which means
it can power and control up to 48
standard or miniature servos.
Apply 7V -
32V to the board and the Switchmode Power Supply outputs
a stable +5V for the Electronics and
Servos (up to 3A). The controller
comes with 3 pin servo connectors so you can
connect your servos directly to the
A Red Back SPIDER Robot Controller driving 48 miniature servos
Servos are powered by the on board 5V, 3A Switchmode Power Supply.
The controller is compatible
with standard servos operating from 4.2V ~ 6V (the controller supplies
In case you wish to Power your servos at Higher Voltages, you can
use the High Power Shield for the Spider Controller, enabling the use a
dedicated Battery or Power Source for the servos.
- ATmega1280 MCU with 128K FLASH, 8K SRAM and 4K EEPROM
- 3A, 5V switchmode power supply.
- Input voltage: 7V to 30V
- 70 I/O pins terminated with a servo compatible 3 pin male header and a female header
- USB interface and ISP socket
- Power switch and reset button
- Pin spacing allows custom sheilds to be made using standard prototype PCB's
- Comes with Arduino bootloader installed
- 16x 10 bit analogue inputs
- Up to 15x PWM outputs (depends on the number of servos in use)
- 4x serial ports (1 used by USB interface)
- 1x I²C interface
- Can drive up to 48 servos using the Arduino servo library