Legs & Arms
Now we finally start assembling the robot's limbs. Starting with the arms. When attaching the two servos bracket-to-Hone, there was a nice clicking sound, part of the overall aim design to give one a good feeling of achievement.
The manual said to use two screws on the front side to attach the Hone to the bracket..
And one screw was enough on the back side. Manual says the "nyron crip" (a.k.a. nylon grippers) will provide the extra attachment by being pinned through the extra holes later.
Now we attach the "Soles" to the left and right "Bracket C" feet units that were assembled earlier.
Now we make the Soles into proper feet by adding on top the "Cross Arm" we've prepared before. Again, lack of proper reading of the manual and the cross was screwed on the wrong way. The manual says that the 3 holes appearing on the "wrong" picture on top, should be in the other direction.
The knee (Servo Arm created before) is assembled onto the foot.
Again, only 3 screws are used in each attachment. This time two screws on the Free Hone and one on the Servo Hone. In the pictures below you can see the front and back sides of the completed knee.
Next, the Cross Arm is attached to the Thigh. Once again, the Free Hone gets 2 screws and the Servo Hone gets one.
The manual says to make sure that the screw cap is on top, which I did.
The new creation is now attached to the rest of the leg.
Note again that the Free Hone side has 2 screws and the Servo Hone side has one screw. This is because later, another screw will be applied together with the rubber/nylon ties.
Finally we have robot legs standing. The friction in the servos is high enough to keep the structure from falling. In fact, the manual recommends to put extra screws temporarily in either the Servo Hone attachments or the Free Hone attachments in order to support the structure intermediately throughout the construction, which will later be replaced by the nylon ties screws. However, I was a bit lazy and didn't follow that recommendation. Every page now in the manual re-emphasizes the need for running the "Initial Position" procedure for every Servo Hone that's fixed onto the structure. Luckily I did all 17 beforehand. The added good thing about the servo's internal friction is that when placing the brackets onto the Hones, there's some pushing involved. If there was little friction, the Servo Hones may have moved from their upright position and I'd be gutted to find later that the initial position is messed up.