Finally Matt and I have released the C library for CM5 development.
edit: Now with its own website... http://sneaky.livings.co.uk/bioloid/
Right now there's not much documentation but the example.c should be fairly self explanatory.
- A working GCC and MAKE for the HOST operating system. For Windows I suggest Cygwin or MINGW. Linux probably already has this installed.
- A working GCC-AVR for the TARGET platform. Note that the CM5 is an ATmega128 so most of the recent AVR gcc targets will work.
- Install Cygwin/MINGW/some other gcc/make combo.
- Install gcc AVR.
- Download both the libavr and libbioloid tgz files from the URL below.
- Go into the 'example' directory and type 'make'.
- Let me know if anything untoward happens.
- Transfer the .hex file to your CM5 and use the q, a, w and s keys to move servos 1 and 2 around.
- Join the distribution list to discuss any problems or feature requests.
All files are available at http://www.braincell.cx/bioloid/dist/
. I would very much like to know who is downloading it just so we can get a feel for how many people are using different bits of the API when we start evolving the interface.
The distribution list can be joined by emailing the list robot at ecartis at (the domain) braincell dot cx with the command 'subscribe robots'. You will need to reply to the email you receive to confirm the subscription to the list.