Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 am Post subject: Humanoid Robo-football Tournament 25th June Birmingham 2011
ok guys i have spoken to guy who organizes the birmingham micromouse (soon to be renamed hush hush) and here is the result.
"we will be very happy to accomodate you at *********** (a new name, not yet released but soon to be). Let me know soon what numbers you will be expecting and what sort of area you will need. Power, desks etc no problem. As I say, we will be starting to advertise the event in press releases shortly, so it would be great to add in the Humanoid Robot Football."
this is excellent news but require numbers of people attending this event i was wondering if anyone had a fare idea of what to go by????
im glad many people have looked at this furom post but now really is the time to stand up and name yourself so i can contact them back with regards to the information above it would also be nice if we could get a website/video footage of this event as well as a name.
so everyone start banging your heads together.
speedy responses are key for the press release so get typing
i had been hoping for at least 8 teams of 3 robots (24 robots)
team wise im happy to randomly pick out of a hat or even if people have teams even better.
the date is Saturday 25th June 2011 so put it in your diarys.
Last edited by Traull on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
im happy to set up a remote controlled event but
im sure there will be space to hold a autonomous version as well but would have to keep to same scale if people are willing to help out with this event yea lets go for it.
Dunno about competing, but if anyone has code they want to apply to my Bioloid I'm happy to put up my robot as a team player though.
Currently has a CM510 but am looking to have Roboard capability shortly. No vision atm - a bit of a drawback I know - but Im not averse to installing a camera to suit as long as you dont want the robotic equivalent of Hubble fitted...
a pitch is being built at this moment in time and will be ready for the tournament as will the goals.
has anyone got a old timer that we could use?
i nice big one to stand on a table would be good! hopefully digital!
if all 24 roboteers join then there will be a robo battle as well.
so prepare yourself with some kick ass moves aswell.
there is still some space's left for this event so if you are intereasted then please stand up and be counted.
you can pm me like most people have or you can say your coming via the forum and i will add you to the list.
as soon as everyone has agreed then a brief information pack will be emailed out to everyone.
has anyone got a preference on the type of ball used as i have used a few different types but some i found better than others i like the ones used in the kondo cup but i cant seem to find ones like that, the seem to be filled with cotton so the dont roll around like madness..
Ok quick update:
Pitch, goals, trophies are being custom made as we speak and I’m excited to say it is looking very impressive. (Pictures will be posted as soon as possible)
the balls have arrived and are perfect for this event.
Rules have been made up and will be posted in the next couple of days for the football event.
There will be no rules for the fighting event advertised as it will be a one off to see how well it goes.
If it goes well then maybe for future events it may be drafted up.
So far we have 5 participants
And i thank you all for a speedy response in making this happen and look forward to seeing you all.
We still require a minimum of 12 to make this day work so come on roboteers make yourself known.
If there is anyone else you know or anywhere else you know to advertise this event please forward the post and get people talking about this event.
And please remember to check you inbox for messages.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
“Can your ROBOS play Football?”
ROBO-FOOTBALL is an event of Football Robots where you have to compete on an arena which is specially designed for the ROBO FOOTBALL match. This event also tests your stability control, handlings, and your techniques in competing with your opponent. One who makes more goals than his opponent wins the round and is promoted to next round of the event. The simultaneous movement rules encourage clever strategies and counterstrategies as players try to second-guess their opponents.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Team may consist of maximum of 3 members. Each team must have a captain. The captain is the person responsible for communication with the referee and controlling the robot. The team can replace its captain only during the half-time.
2. Each game will be played in two halves of 5 minutes each.
3. After first half has been played, the sides will be interchanged.
4. The robots can shoot ball into the opponent's net only when they have entered the opponent's half.
5. In case of a tie, there will be penalty shoot-outs.
6. Teams playing against each other will be decided on the basis of a draw.
7. Unfair game may lead to disqualification of the team. Disqualification of the teams on the basis of unfair game will be decided by the Head Coordinator of the event.
8. All rounds will be played on knock-out basis and the winners of each round will compete in the next round. (In some circumstances it may be required to turn the event into a league format)
9. Negative points will be awarded on touching the boundaries of the field.
DANGER: “These NEGATIVE Points will be the Deciders, in case of a tie.”
10. CASE of TIME OUT: Additional 2 minutes will be given in case of any technical fault (eg. Loose connections, battery discharge, etc.). But on exceeding the provided time, that is, 2 minutes, the respective team will be disqualified. There will be negative points for the extra time given.
11. Any intentional contact with the opponent will be considered as Foul, & the respective accused team will be awarded by negative points and the opponent will be given a Free Kick.
12. Human interference (e.g. touching the robots) during the game is not allowed unless explicitly permitted by the referee.
13. A goal is scored when the whole of the ball is inside the goal or if it strikes the back wall of the goal.
14. “Own goals" will be treated as a goal to the opposition, even if the ball is "pushed" into the goal.
15. Decision of the judges and the Event Organizers shall be treated as final and binding on all and cannot be contested.
1. The robot should fit inside a box of 25cm × 25cm × 25cm at the starting point.
2. The robot must be wireless and controlled by a remote control, which is not included in the size constraint.
3. Power supply sockets will be available in the arena; however, the participants must bring own cables(multi plug recommended).
4. If the machine uses an externally placed power supply, the dimensions of the power supply are not included in the size constraint. However, in case of an on-board power supply, the machine along with the power supply should follow the rule mentioned in 1.
5. During the game, the machine can expand (for kicking the ball) but not detach itself into multiple parts.
6. A robot cannot hold a ball. Holding a ball means taking full control of the ball by removing all of its degrees of freedom. Examples for ball holding include fixing a ball to the robot's body, surrounding a ball using the robot's body to prevent access by the other opponent, encircling the ball or somehow trapping the ball with any part of the robot's body. (Throw INS from side of pitch or goal keeper is allowed)
7. Maximum weight of the robot is not specified in this event.
8. A robot with base of toy car and its gear box as a machine part will be disqualified. Also, Lego kits will not be allowed.
9. The robot should not harm the opponent or the field. Constantly harming the arena upon may lead to disqualification.
1. Sponge balls of normal “10cm” size will be used.
2. An approximate copy of the arena is provided here:
4500mm x 2700mm
Rules & Regulations may change without prior notice, by the Event organizers.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum