here is the rules for the event:
ABOUT THE EVENT:
“Can your ROBOS play Football?”
ROBO-FOOTBALL is an event of Football Robots where you have to compete on an arena which is specially designed for the ROBO FOOTBALL match. This event also tests your stability control, handlings, and your techniques in competing with your opponent. One who makes more goals than his opponent wins the round and is promoted to next round of the event. The simultaneous movement rules encourage clever strategies and counterstrategies as players try to second-guess their opponents.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Team may consist of maximum of 3 members. Each team must have a captain. The captain is the person responsible for communication with the referee and controlling the robot. The team can replace its captain only during the half-time.
2. Each game will be played in two halves of 5 minutes each.
3. After first half has been played, the sides will be interchanged.
4. The robots can shoot ball into the opponent's net only when they have entered the opponent's half.
5. In case of a tie, there will be penalty shoot-outs.
6. Teams playing against each other will be decided on the basis of a draw.
7. Unfair game may lead to disqualification of the team. Disqualification of the teams on the basis of unfair game will be decided by the Head Coordinator of the event.
8. All rounds will be played on knock-out basis and the winners of each round will compete in the next round. (In some circumstances it may be required to turn the event into a league format)
9. Negative points will be awarded on touching the boundaries of the field.
DANGER: “These NEGATIVE Points will be the Deciders, in case of a tie.”
10. CASE of TIME OUT: Additional 2 minutes will be given in case of any technical fault (eg. Loose connections, battery discharge, etc.). But on exceeding the provided time, that is, 2 minutes, the respective team will be disqualified. There will be negative points for the extra time given.
11. Any intentional contact with the opponent will be considered as Foul, & the respective accused team will be awarded by negative points and the opponent will be given a Free Kick.
12. Human interference (e.g. touching the robots) during the game is not allowed unless explicitly permitted by the referee.
13. A goal is scored when the whole of the ball is inside the goal or if it strikes the back wall of the goal.
14. “Own goals" will be treated as a goal to the opposition, even if the ball is "pushed" into the goal.
15. Decision of the judges and the Event Organizers shall be treated as final and binding on all and cannot be contested.
1. The robot should fit inside a box of 25cm × 25cm × 25cm at the starting point.
2. The robot must be wireless and controlled by a remote control, which is not included in the size constraint.
3. Power supply sockets will be available in the arena; however, the participants must bring own cables(multi plug recommended).
4. If the machine uses an externally placed power supply, the dimensions of the power supply are not included in the size constraint. However, in case of an on-board power supply, the machine along with the power supply should follow the rule mentioned in 1.
5. During the game, the machine can expand (for kicking the ball) but not detach itself into multiple parts.
6. A robot cannot hold a ball. Holding a ball means taking full control of the ball by removing all of its degrees of freedom. Examples for ball holding include fixing a ball to the robot's body, surrounding a ball using the robot's body to prevent access by the other opponent, encircling the ball or somehow trapping the ball with any part of the robot's body. (Throw INS from side of pitch or goal keeper is allowed)
7. Maximum weight of the robot is not specified in this event.
8. A robot with base of toy car and its gear box as a machine part will be disqualified. Also, Lego kits will not be allowed.
9. The robot should not harm the opponent or the field. Constantly harming the arena upon may lead to disqualification.
1. Sponge balls of normal “10cm” size will be used.
2. An approximate copy of the arena is provided here:
4500mm x 2700mm
Rules & Regulations may change without prior notice, by the Event organizers.
any questions please contact me