RB1000, VS-H8PWM28V2 controller, DSR and RDS servos
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

My RB1000 Born!

Post by Ray » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:49 pm

Post by Ray
Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:49 pm

Spending 3 days of work, and with the translation tools, I assembled my
RB1000 (with 19 degree of freedom!) :D http://robosavvy.com/Builders/Ray/My%20RB1000.JPG (5 screws are missing, can you find it? :lol: )

I found the assembling very interesting especially the 2 axis servo module. it is great to put 2 servo together and make compact size.

The most hard thing is the calibration process, I need translation tools in order to operate the "RobovieMaker" software and set the initial position and offset!

The CPU already has the acceleration sensor (still finding how it work), integrated gyro control for all servos (like KHR2) .

The disadvantage of the CPU is that it seem do not have the learning function, that means I need to control the slider in order to adust the offest and other tuning of motion (although it is using digital servo). But, its ok, the adjustment using the slider is still an interesting engineering work.

To assemble it is actually not difficult but need a little translation, so, I will share my experience with those who are interested in RB1000 :D
Spending 3 days of work, and with the translation tools, I assembled my
RB1000 (with 19 degree of freedom!) :D http://robosavvy.com/Builders/Ray/My%20RB1000.JPG (5 screws are missing, can you find it? :lol: )

I found the assembling very interesting especially the 2 axis servo module. it is great to put 2 servo together and make compact size.

The most hard thing is the calibration process, I need translation tools in order to operate the "RobovieMaker" software and set the initial position and offset!

The CPU already has the acceleration sensor (still finding how it work), integrated gyro control for all servos (like KHR2) .

The disadvantage of the CPU is that it seem do not have the learning function, that means I need to control the slider in order to adust the offest and other tuning of motion (although it is using digital servo). But, its ok, the adjustment using the slider is still an interesting engineering work.

To assemble it is actually not difficult but need a little translation, so, I will share my experience with those who are interested in RB1000 :D
Ray offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Pev » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by Pev
Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:51 pm

Nice looking bot, love the colour and would love a little more details on the way the servos are assembled to form that 2 axis joint at the hips and ankles.....

Cheers

Pev
Nice looking bot, love the colour and would love a little more details on the way the servos are assembled to form that 2 axis joint at the hips and ankles.....

Cheers

Pev
Carl
-------------------------
www.alt-view.co.uk
Pev offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by citrik » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:13 pm

Post by citrik
Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:13 pm

Congrats Ray! I've been working on my bot this weekend too. So were you 5 screws short? I see them on the shoulder and hip, seems like a bad spot to be missing screws... I'm at the point I need to get the controller wired up and zero in the motors. Did you just blindly poke through the RobovieMaker with all it's question mark buttons? That's what It's looking like I'll have to do. Any tips would be great.
Congrats Ray! I've been working on my bot this weekend too. So were you 5 screws short? I see them on the shoulder and hip, seems like a bad spot to be missing screws... I'm at the point I need to get the controller wired up and zero in the motors. Did you just blindly poke through the RobovieMaker with all it's question mark buttons? That's what It's looking like I'll have to do. Any tips would be great.
citrik offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

RB1000 Initialization Adjustment

Post by Ray » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:04 pm

Post by Ray
Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi Citrik
about the screw, I just forget to fix it :? it is now OK.

for the calibration and connecting wires, the most important thing is the body servo no. and cpu connecting diagram in the manual (page 7 and 30), there is no need to know the japanese name of these pin no. (best if you know :D ).

you should 1st find the initial position (standup straight with all hands and legs), this can be done in 2 method

method1 (by using the default demo, with the dip switch down,up,up,up),
when the controller turn on, it will make the robot move several second and then in initial position. after that u can assemble the modules until the whole body is finished. after that you can use the RobovieMaker to adjust the offset .

method2 (by using the RobovieMaker directly)
in order to use the roboviemaker software, (all the dip switch must in the up position!), disconnect the communication first by pressing the "line" button (1) --- ( if you just start up the software, it is already discounted) and then call the submanual (2) http://robosavvy.com/Builders/Ray/fig01.bmp

the initialization value is as shown in submanual (3)
http://robosavvy.com/Builders/Ray/fig02.bmp
ensure all the value is the same (this is the standard in all robot example)

the offset submanual is in (4)
http://robosavvy.com/Builders/Ray/fig03.bmp
you should line-off the communicaiton before connect (trigger the line button (1) in unpushed position)
connect to robot using (5)
turn on all the servo using (6)
:x Be very careful ! when you turn on all servo and found some body parts collide together, you can stop the robot using (6)
( :x Most servo cannot under heavy loading more than 1 minute, burn otherwise)
hence, you can adjust the offset to put them all in correct position by repeat the on-observe-off then on-adjust-off procedure (I suggest)

after finished, you can use (7) to save all initialization position and offset to the cpu.

In more advanced approach, you can use (6) to upload the above value in the cpu to the PC and then make adjustment.
Hi Citrik
about the screw, I just forget to fix it :? it is now OK.

for the calibration and connecting wires, the most important thing is the body servo no. and cpu connecting diagram in the manual (page 7 and 30), there is no need to know the japanese name of these pin no. (best if you know :D ).

you should 1st find the initial position (standup straight with all hands and legs), this can be done in 2 method

method1 (by using the default demo, with the dip switch down,up,up,up),
when the controller turn on, it will make the robot move several second and then in initial position. after that u can assemble the modules until the whole body is finished. after that you can use the RobovieMaker to adjust the offset .

method2 (by using the RobovieMaker directly)
in order to use the roboviemaker software, (all the dip switch must in the up position!), disconnect the communication first by pressing the "line" button (1) --- ( if you just start up the software, it is already discounted) and then call the submanual (2) http://robosavvy.com/Builders/Ray/fig01.bmp

the initialization value is as shown in submanual (3)
http://robosavvy.com/Builders/Ray/fig02.bmp
ensure all the value is the same (this is the standard in all robot example)

the offset submanual is in (4)
http://robosavvy.com/Builders/Ray/fig03.bmp
you should line-off the communicaiton before connect (trigger the line button (1) in unpushed position)
connect to robot using (5)
turn on all the servo using (6)
:x Be very careful ! when you turn on all servo and found some body parts collide together, you can stop the robot using (6)
( :x Most servo cannot under heavy loading more than 1 minute, burn otherwise)
hence, you can adjust the offset to put them all in correct position by repeat the on-observe-off then on-adjust-off procedure (I suggest)

after finished, you can use (7) to save all initialization position and offset to the cpu.

In more advanced approach, you can use (6) to upload the above value in the cpu to the PC and then make adjustment.
Ray offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1