Robonova Communication Problem

Hitec robotics including ROBONOVA humanoid, HSR-8498HB servos, MR C-3024 Controllers and RoboBasic
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Robonova Communication Problem

Post by Uthai » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:06 am

Post by Uthai
Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:06 am

My robonova fail to download new application, but get retriev Controller info or even Realtime Controller. I got Error -5 , Does anyone know to solve this problem. ?
My robonova fail to download new application, but get retriev Controller info or even Realtime Controller. I got Error -5 , Does anyone know to solve this problem. ?
Uthai offline
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Post by RubikCube » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:45 am

Post by RubikCube
Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:45 am

Try Truning it on and off also try unplugging the serial connector and putting it back on. Make sure the ground part of the phono jack touches metal of the port.
Try Truning it on and off also try unplugging the serial connector and putting it back on. Make sure the ground part of the phono jack touches metal of the port.
RubikCube offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder
User avatar
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:00 am

Post by bauermech » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:56 am

Post by bauermech
Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:56 am

I noticed if I have any tension on the cable, it fails even if everthing looks secure.
I noticed if I have any tension on the cable, it fails even if everthing looks secure.
bauermech offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Defiance, Ohio, USA

Comminication errors

Post by JM » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:18 am

Post by JM
Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:18 am

I found that the communication cable plug had excess plastic around the shaft that plugs in the the control board, and the plug was not seating fully. By carefully trimming 1/2 mm from the base of the plug I now get consistent communications.

Good luck,

JM
I found that the communication cable plug had excess plastic around the shaft that plugs in the the control board, and the plug was not seating fully. By carefully trimming 1/2 mm from the base of the plug I now get consistent communications.

Good luck,

JM
JM offline


4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1