Robosavvy New Posts Dialog not Working

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Robosavvy New Posts Dialog not Working

Post by BillB » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 am

Post by BillB
Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 am

Hi,

Therseems to be alot of problem with the RoboSavvy site lately. Forthe past week the "New in RoboSavvy Forum" panel on the left hand side is displaying the following message:

An error occured!
Error Message: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (not well-formed (invalid token) at line 293, column 2)


Has anyone else encountered this problem? It appears no matter whether I amusing Firefox, Explorer or Safari. And on several different computers. I have concluded that it is a server side problem.

Pedro/Limor - may be worth looking at (& fixing). Especially since it appears on the screen in almost all sections of your website.

Bill
Hi,

Therseems to be alot of problem with the RoboSavvy site lately. Forthe past week the "New in RoboSavvy Forum" panel on the left hand side is displaying the following message:

An error occured!
Error Message: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (not well-formed (invalid token) at line 293, column 2)


Has anyone else encountered this problem? It appears no matter whether I amusing Firefox, Explorer or Safari. And on several different computers. I have concluded that it is a server side problem.

Pedro/Limor - may be worth looking at (& fixing). Especially since it appears on the screen in almost all sections of your website.

Bill
BillB offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer
User avatar
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Hampshire, UK

Post by PedroR » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by PedroR
Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi BillB

The issue with the RSS feed is due to php's issue with handiling UTF 8 character sets.

We investigated the problem last week (this week we're a bit on a tight schedule with bett) but in essence there is some character in a post that is generating an invalid XML output.

There are some documents about this issue here http://www.phpwact.org/php/i18n/utf-8

We are aware of the problem and will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

Regards
Pedro
Hi BillB

The issue with the RSS feed is due to php's issue with handiling UTF 8 character sets.

We investigated the problem last week (this week we're a bit on a tight schedule with bett) but in essence there is some character in a post that is generating an invalid XML output.

There are some documents about this issue here http://www.phpwact.org/php/i18n/utf-8

We are aware of the problem and will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

Regards
Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by PedroR » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by PedroR
Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi

The RSS feed seems to be working again.

I am not sure what caused the malfunction though as it started working again on its own....

We are still having a look at it to try and understand what caused it in order to prevent such episodes from happening in the future.

Regards
Pedro
Hi

The RSS feed seems to be working again.

I am not sure what caused the malfunction though as it started working again on its own....

We are still having a look at it to try and understand what caused it in order to prevent such episodes from happening in the future.

Regards
Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:07 pm


3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1
cron